Monday, May 12, 2008
Mothers Day at Primary Childrens Hospital...
Well we have had a pretty crazy 2 weeks.. Our poor little guy couldn't ever get rid of this awful sickness. His Temperature stayed really high for almost 2 weeks, and he wouldn't eat, had diarrhea, and he just cried all the time.. I think he had one day in between where he seemed like he was getting better, but then his fever came back up that night. The doctors started doing tests because it's not normal to have 101-103 fever temp. for that long, and they noticed his white blood cell count went up and he was having inflammation. They became really concerned and sent us to stay the night in Primary Children's Hospital. Poor Bridger was getting tested all through the night. They came in every 2 hours drawing blood, and sticking tubes down his nose it was awful! He just cried, and I cried.. Mike and I just felt so helpless! Mike gave him a blessing that was wonderful.. They ended up finding a really bad respiratory virus, and they found a few other things. The day we left the hospital his high fever was gone, and he was feeling much better. We are so grateful that he is feeling better, and that all in all he didn't get something that is going to effect his future. Being at Primary Children's we saw lots of sick and disabled kids, and my heart went out to those parents and kids that are going through that. Needless to say I've had a pretty emotional few weeks.. but it has defiantly made me feel more grateful for more life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
OH Jami that is so scary!! I'm glad that everything is okay... Poor Bridger! Keep us posted!
Hope he is doing better. Sorry to hear he is so sick
I love you guys. I am so glad that Bridge is better. I wish I was there to help you guys. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
Oh Jami! That is horrible! I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that... how traumatic.. seriously!! Hope that he keeps getting better.
I know that the blessing Mike and Dad gave Bridger was from Heavenly Father. It might have taken a few days, but that is what Faith is really about. Jami, Im so proud of you as a mother, daughter and perfect example of compassion and Love. It will be a Mothers day you will never forget. I love Bridger, Mike, and you. Im grateful for my forever family!
I am so sorry to hear that your little guy has been so sick. What a scary time to have to go through. Aren't we lucky to have husbands who hold the Priesthood and can give wonderful blessings. I hope that you are all healthy and doing well!
I'm so glad Bridger is doing o.k., there's nothing worse than watching your kids be sick and not being able to do anything for them. Hope you are feeling well Jam!
Sorry to hear the Bridger has been sick! We're glad to hear that things are okay and he is feeling better! It's so hard to see your baby not feeling good! I know we always say it... but we REALLY do need to get together one of these days.
Jami--
I'm so glad to get a peak at your cute family. I'm so sorry about your little guys bad experience. There is nothing worse than having a sick child and not knowing what is wrong. I'm glad that everything is ok!
Hey Jam! I am so sorry to hear about Bridger and am so glad that he is going better. Sorry I missed GNO at Robintinos. Let's plan another one soon. I want to see your cute pregnant belly!
Post a Comment