Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's life really about??

Well I have had an amazing and heartbreaking last couple weeks.. I have never in my life been closer to the Lord then this last little while. My sister and her husband just recently lost there little baby Paul. In the beginning I was really upset with the Lord, and I couldn't understand Why? Why did this have to happen to my sister who has been trying to have kids for 3 +years.. Why did it have to happen to 2 people that wanted to be parents more then anything? And they did show in that short week of Paul's life how they ARE wonderful parents. They would stay up all night reading him books, singing primary songs, holding his hand, and giving him lots of love.

Well then after spending that week with baby Paul and watching his amazing parents, I realized that Heavenly Father actually sent baby Paul down to bless all our lives. He is truly a perfect little angel, and he taught me so much.

I now realize how important the little things in life are.. I need to enjoy life more and be more grateful. I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the worldy stuff, when really the most important things in life are actually our family and friends!! I realize how important it is to be patient with my two boys, and enjoy the messes, and there loves and hugs. I realize the importance of prayer.. I haven't prayed so much in my whole life. The Holy Ghost has truly been with me this whole time and helped comfort me.

I'm truly grateful for Tagen and Eric and baby Paul. Thanks Tagen and Eric for letting me feel of Paul's spirit and enjoy that week of his life. I now have this huge motivation to help me stay on track so I can meet my sweet nephew again someday! I love you guys.

7 comments:

Dede said...

So true Jamie!! I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your nephew. It's amazing you guys have been able to see the positive through such a tragic experience. As the tears were streaming down my face reading baby Paul's story, I too was motivated to be a more patient, loving, and grateful parent. We truly are so blessed to have our families and friends. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Jami, such a great post and SO true! Your family is so strong and positive and as I read sweet paul's story it touched my heart and just put life in a different perspective. What a sweet angel, he has touched so many lives!

Jenny said...

Paul's story was heartbreaking, but you nailed it. The Lord has plans for all of us! Baby Paul is so sweet. When I read his story I cried and cried. Then I realized I need to be a better person, wife and mother. You are so strong...I can only imagine what your family is going through. You are in my prayers!!!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

What a blessing little Paul has been for all of us! It is easy to get disrtracted from what is really important! Tagen and eric are such great examples! I love you and your family!

Tagen and Eric said...

Jami, it has been so nice to get to be so close to you. I'm so glad that families are forever and that we get to hang out with you and baby Paul soon enough.

Leslie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Paul. I have been thinking of your family and sharing his story with many people. Even though I did not get to meet his sweet spirit, I feel blessed to hear you talk about him and reminded myself of our everyday blessings. We will continue to think of Tagen and your family.

mommy said...

Jami, I'm so sorry. I hope your sister and her husband are doing okay. What a hard trial. What a blessing the gospel is, especially at times like this. Call me if you need ANYTHING.