That's all it takes..
Here's our latest crazy story in the Ostrander Fam..
We were at Home Depot last night and we were looking at paint samples. Foster was standing right by me with his spiderman and elephant. I turned around to look at the paint sample and 5 seconds later i turned back around and Foster was gone! I looked down the isle and he was no where to be found! I yelled over to Mike that i can't find Foster and we both start searching the isles.. I checked all the isles we were by, and then I automatically ran to the front to make sure he didn't go out the front door, and to tell the front desk lady to annouce it on the intercom, and to lock the doors.(that has always been my worst fear that someone will kidnap my kids and take off out the front doors before i realized) I became super frantic, i was crying, and running all over the place. I had all these nice people asking me what's wrong and so I told them I was looking for my little 2 year blond boy, who's wearing a blue sweatshirt.. They all started searching as well. I felt completly lost, and i was running like a crazy person up and down the isles.(Mike was on the other side of the store doing the same thing with Bridger in the cart) Home depot is huge and the isles are super long and tall, and there is scary stuff in all of them.. i said a silent prayer .. 10 minutes has passed now, which seemed like 5 hours!!
I ran back to the paint area again and a lady from our ward came out running with our blond little Foster. I just grabbed him and held him so tight. She said he was hiding back on a shelf in the middle behind the paint. She was looking around and could hear some singing and talking.. Foster was just enjoying some quiet time hanging out taking a poop!
I'm pretty sure losing a child is the worst feeling. I felt like a horrible Mom for losing focus on him and for not keeping him in the cart.. I have learned my lesson, and hopefully he has too, by seeing his crazy, hysterical mom lose it in front of the whole Home Depot store!
2 comments:
That is so scary Jami! I've have also had that happen and it's the worst feeling!! Glad he was ok.
Flashback 25 years ago, Mervins, darling blond girl, hiding under clothes rack, little feet poking out, doing some sort of dance, gone 40min, yup pay backs......
Post a Comment